Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:26 pm
I bought two of the Basket ball, soccer ball cases but I hadn't done anything with one of them until tonight. Let me know what you think. Windmills won't fit too tall farm house too wide and too tall. Large house works. So I decided to put four of my small houses. I Have a blue house but it had never been out of the box. Here's the pic's. Bill P.S. I put the smurfs I did in there because they don't fall easly.

ImageImage
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:31 pm
I will pay someone $30 a week to come over and dust for me. LOL

Postby Tojo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:31 am
I like those display cases Bill. The 4 small houses look especially good like that :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:35 am
I those displays cases, Bill!! They certainly look good with your collection. :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 am
The one with the houses in I paid $50 at Hobby Lobby it has a wooded base. The one on bottom I paid $32 for at Michael"s it has a plastic bottom. I saw one at a flea market the other day for $22 it doesn't have the extra bottom just the case I don't need the bottoms. I am having them check for me to see if they can come up with one that will hold the windmill and farmhouse. Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:25 am
Looks very good in those cases! :-D :-D

Postby Gerda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:28 am
I like those cases where these the ones you where talking about in the other thread? if so I was thinking they where smaller to hold just the supers :-? ..

I know all about the dusting problem, I think the hardest smurf items to dust would be the windmill and gargys castle. so many little areas for dust to land on espcially when you leave the doors open

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 am
Hello again Gerda; I have three size boxes one size is these the other two are smaller just a little taller than the PVC's. They come in a couple of lengths one is about 6 inches long the other is almost 12 inches. The longer one will hold about 6 supers with boxes the shorter will hold 3 supers. I think I will mostly buy the longer ones but the shorter ones will do just need more of them. Mine came from a hobby shop I'm sure they can be bought over there also. maybe made by diffrent Co. Bill

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:59 pm
love the display set up! very nice! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby bwalters » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:53 pm
I just bought 4 more of the longer ones and I found out that they make them in all diffrent sizes. Haven't found one to fit the farmhouse or windmill yet. but they are behind glass right now. I don't know how close of a look all of you took of my collection. A lot of my smurfs and smurf stuff are in an old entertainment center. Also left in my house when lady moved out. Anyway on the right side are some of my Mcdonnal's smurfs. It really is for CD cases I went to the local glass store with an old CD case and had them cut me twelve pieces of glass that size then I just slid them where I wanted them. They only cost $1 each. I intend to eventually put everything in the plastic cases. Can only buy a few at a time have to same money for Smurfs. LOL

Mr Bill

Postby Michelle » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 am
Well done. I put some of my smurfs too in an older cabinet... why not...the smurfs aren't that young!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:55 am
That's a good idea Bill. :D

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:55 am
Hi Everyone; Thanks for all your comments. My boss which is my land lord also wanted to throw the cabinet away. Along with all the other thing left in it house. We actually did throw away about 30 trash bags of clothes that were so wet that I didn't even look in the bags. Kind of sorry I didn't look. There were 20 large plastic tubs 10 clothes baskets 5 clothes hampers and thirty or so bags of clothes. I found at least some money in everyone of them Might just be a dime or nickel but it all added up. Before I moved in he found about $100 in a box in the garage. Was crazy I even found twenty cents in the mail slot. Bill

Postby Gerda » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:14 am
Wish I could move into a house that pays me to move in :)

love the cd holder idea!! looks great.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:19 pm
Hi Gerda; For some reason I thought you lived overseas I mentioned it in this post. Yes all and all we found about $200 in the house my boss got most of it because I hadn't moved in yet. I ended up with $32 in change and from what I sold of her stuff I got $125 I gave it to the salvation army after Catrena hit. I tried to give them all the clothes but they turned me down as did a couple of churches. They had so much donated that they didn't have room for it. I finally gave the clothes to a place that makes bicycle type things that you can sit in and pedal with your hands They build them and ship them to places like Viet Nam. Bill

Postby Gerda » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 am
Hi Gerda; For some reason I thought you lived overseas I mentioned it in this post. Yes all and all we found about $200 in the house my boss got most of it because I hadn't moved in yet. I ended up with $32 in change and from what I sold of her stuff I got $125 I gave it to the salvation army after Catrena hit. I tried to give them all the clothes but they turned me down as did a couple of churches. They had so much donated that they didn't have room for it. I finally gave the clothes to a place that makes bicycle type things that you can sit in and pedal with your hands They build them and ship them to places like Viet Nam. Bill
Nope don't live overseas, just a little above you actually.. not far at all (off to lock my doors now :) ) That is great that you donated. I never understood why some places refuse donation. We tried giving stuff to goodwill once and they dug through it like it was trash, it was just odds and ends we could not sell at a rummage sale so I don't know what the big deal was. Now our local goodwill has turned into more of a dollar store than a thrift shop and the few things that they do have dontated they try to sell for more than what you get it brand new. Crazy world.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:42 am
I can kind of understand why they didn't take my stuff. The parking lot was full of stuff that had been donated to the salvation army. They were going through it when I went. Most of the stuff that I had was in near new condition. Some still had tags. I paired up 190 white socks Hanes most looked like they were new. I would hate to know how many we threw away in the 20 or so bags. They were so wet that it took two of us to lift them into the dumpster. It was Carzy. Have a Smurfy day. Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login