Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Azrael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:58 am
Ola!

With my move (finally :D ) happening I was wondering if anyone would recommend a good way to display my smurfs?

I wanted, originally, to make a village, but I think I just got too darn many, so cabinets seem the way forward.

Ideally, I'd like a glass fronted, glass shelved cabinet. Well, a couple actually... ones that are cheap and Looooong enough to go along a small wall.

Any help gang? Oh, and ones that I can get in the Uk.

I'm sure you've all been in this situation! :-D

AL
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:17 am
Hi Al,

I think something like these should do best:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IKEA-GLASS-DISPLA ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-IKEA-DISPLAY-CA ... dZViewItem

I looked out for displays at ikea.co.uk, but it seemed that they did not a huge selection.

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:26 am
Hiya Az

I have bought a couple of glass display cabinets from Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... BINETS.htm

They are great for smurfs!! It's always a good idea to check out the Ebay listings as well for cheaper bargains. I hope this helps.

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:33 am
Hi Az, like the girls have already said, Ikea and Argos would be the best way forward for you :D

:-D :beer:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 pm
Al,
Have you checked out Pauli's display shelves w/ glass? I love these cases so here is a link to the topic:
http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=8513
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:07 pm
Hi Al, great topic. I can sense your excitement at being able to release your smurfs soon. :-D

Like you, I love the idea of a village but for practical reasons I decided to display mine in glass cabinets and then build the village and used what smurfs I needed at the time. :D

As for what type of cabinet. I would say that IKEA definitely has a better choice and also cheaper cabinets, unfortunately they no longer sell the cabinets we have but I do also have the cabinet from Argos that Duckie mentions and this is also great with the mirrored back but is quite limited for shelf space.

Also though it is definitely worth thinking about what Stace mentions, that is either making some shelves yourself or having some custom displays made for you as I have seen uie a few fabulous ideas from members here. :-D

There are plenty of pictures in the Collections part of the Gallery to give you ideas. :D

http://www.bluecavern.com/smurf-collections.htm
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:33 pm
Al,
I was at Ikea last night and saw these shelves that would be perfect for smurfs. It's the Bertby- it's tall and shallow, has lots of shelves plus has the glass door and you can mount it on the wall.

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:51 am
Oh, I like them, Staci? :D

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 am
Me too! :-D

This chap does some nice cabinets on ebay too. I haven't got any yet, but I think I will... :D

Mal's Cabinets

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:01 am
Staci you total legend!!!

I know where I'm going tonight! Was going to order online, but filled in all the details and its double the price!!!!

Thank you so much! Only a few days now, hopefully!!

xxx

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:04 am
This chap does some nice cabinets on ebay too. I haven't got any yet, but I think I will... :D
When I spoke to you over the phone, Hilary, I mentioned that I had a couple of wall display cabinets. Well, it was this seller that I purchased them from. They are wonderful! So, I would definitey recommend buying one from him. Good luck!!

This was the one I got:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DISPLAY-CABINET-F ... m153.l1262

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:04 am
Please post pics when you get them all set up....have you moved house yet? Good luck :cheers:

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 am
@ Az, good luck at Ikea!! Yes, as Stace, says pics please when you have them up. :-D

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:37 pm
Duckie, thanks for that. It's great to have a personal recommendation for these things! :-D

I want to go to IKEA too but our nearest one is near Bluewater which is down in Azrael country, or thereabouts. :winks: The petrol makes everything so much more expensive. :???: Plus Mum won't go with me just cos she's got shingles! :) (She's on the mend though!)

Postby FlamingO » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:47 pm
Look forward to seeing your collection Al once you have your displays sorted :-D

Have been to Ikea myself looking at the displays but can't buy until we sort the carpet, which will be right after we sort the washing machine, the oven, the garden ..... :sleep: :)
Wishing speedy recovery to your Mum, Hilary :D shingles can't be nice :sad:

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm
Plus Mum won't go with me just cos she's got shingles! :) (She's on the mend though!)
Awww, hope she gets better quickly. :D

Postby Pitufo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:55 pm
Have a look here

http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtop ... ea&start=0

Different ways of using the same cabintes...Hope it helps!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:31 am
We've been having a little problem with the house we're buying. The survey came back and said we needed RSJ's in the roof. They have finished putting them in now and a structural engineer is examining it on sat. The house is empty and we have no chain, so it should be ready for us to go in in a fortnight!

Needless to say the second we get in there the smurfs will be unveiled!!

I boxed the ones I have bought since I boxed the other ones, and my god I forgot all the cool stuff I have! I'm not really interested in things that are not direct schleich figures, but I do still have a lot of other bits I have not seen for years!

I'm going to IKEA this sat with Laura and I can't WAIT! :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:42 am
Gosh, Az!!! You must be sooooo excited!! Great times ahead for you my smurfie mate!! :-D

I really hope you find something at Ikea! :D

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:00 am
Hello Az, its only a matter of time before good things start happening quickly with those smurfies, good hunting in IKEA :D

:-D :beer:
Page 1 of 2

Login