Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurfland » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 pm
Hi all,
I am going to look at a rare Christmas prototype smurf at the weekend (one with the boot).
I am a bit wary of spending alot of money on one smurf and really need to make sure it is genuine and not a fake.
Can anyone offer any advice on how to make sure it is real and not a fake. If it is fake it is an extremely good fake from the pictures although they are not that clear.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:04 pm
When comes to something like this, ensure you use all your senses.

Pick up the smurf and make sure it feels like a smurf, perhaps take another smurf with you so you can compare the weight and the texture.

Smell the smurf, to make sure it doesn't smell of nicotine or any other funny odour.

Take another picture of the smurf so you can compare the paint colours. I think there is a picture of one on Christy's site.

Go with your gut feeling if it doesn't feel quite right - think again before deciding on buying the smurf.

Lastly enjoy the experience. You have been given an opportunity that very few of us will ever have, so treasure the moment.

All the best and please let us know how you go
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby GarlandTam » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:15 am
All I can do is wish you luck! I'm be too scared to risking that kind of money mostly because I don't think I could tell apart a well made fake from a genuine thing. Like Kath said, tell us how it goes!
Page 1 of 1

Login