Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby The Smurf Collector » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:01 am
Over the last couple of months I have noticed that there has been very little happening on the forum. This makes me think that people are no longer collecting.

So my question to you all - Are you still collecting smurfs ?
If yes what smurf merchandise are you buying?

If no, what has made you stop collecting smurfs?
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:34 am
Yes and no.
Haven't bought any in a while, don't even have the latest ones yet, though reason for that is that there isn't any shop around carrying them over here. :( Also, the auction site I was using turned "commercial", so no "used" ones coming from there also.
I will buy if I find any I don't have & price is right though.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Arno » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:03 am
Hi Kath,
I think the same way you do and already asked if there was another social network where blue cavern collectors meet now.
For me, I am still collecting, only figurines and their variations : it grows so much !
I received some spanish fakes last week, they were like new smurfs, so mint : I was so happy about them.
I am waiting for a very special one but I wait to see him before telling you.
And I discover always some new ones, or some paint errors, like a 2.0089 painter with finger not painted.
In the last year, I won some auctions with unexpected smurfs : a Muster 2.0008 spy came with the super fireman with red thing to carry the water ; a dutch 2.0010 prisoner painted on a 2.0002 normal...
But many are still missing because too expensive.
As some new smurfs always come, I don't have time to take pictures, I am sorry about that.
Postby Tommo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:06 pm
I'm still collecting Kath, although it is now and again. I did buy some from Magnus on Facebook the other month which my wife would kill me for if she knew how much I spent :) I look on Facebook, but miss the fact that not so many people use this site anymore. I alway login at least once a week to see if there are any updates. :D
Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:47 am
Most collectors use the Facebook group now which is a bit unfortunate as it works well for quick posts, but not so much for a database :). But the world of collectors has definitely changed...there are many new ones who have never been here, and those who made this such a fun place, are no longer collecting or are not very actively collecting right now.

I fall into the second category..I haven't been on Ebay in months or even over a year, but when I am contacted and offered (usually via the website) some interesting stuff, I do break down and buy some things if the price is right.

I do make a point of buying the new Schleich smurfs to keep that collection up to date, and I have actually started updating the website again last week.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby Dansmurf » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:02 am
Hi,

I am still collecting smurfs. I am checking the different buy/sell pages here in Denmark and almost every day smurfs are put for sale. As my collecting has grown it is getting harder to find some I do not already have. I still miss the very rare/expensive ones in my collection such as the history smurfs. I also go to flea markets and often find smurfs there.

Recently I also got interested in the astro sniks though they have nothing to do with smurfs. However I find them interesting too and have started to collect them. However I am wondering why I have only seen the black astro sniks here in Denmark? Were astro sniks in other colors not sold in Denmark? When I read about astro sniks it is said that the ones in the color green and purple should be the most common but I have never seen these here in Denmark. Any comment would be appreciated.

Kind regards from Denmark, Lene
Postby hfos » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:31 am
My smurfs are in a big box behind a shelf as I don't have room to display them any more right now.

I'm definitely not collecting like I used to three or four years ago. I feel I've pretty much completed the 'basic' set and whatever I need right now is too rare and/or expensive to be worthwhile.

I've drifted into collecting other stuff, like whisky, which is also pretty expensive but somehow more fulfilling. It also has a pretty great community, online as well as offline. And it has the benefit that you can drink it if you like! It's not as 'passive' as collecting smurfs, I like to share bottles with friends and compare notes for instance. I went to a whisky festival here in town yesterday and had a great time, much more than at any smurf fair I've ever been to (sorry guys)...
Postby Simon X » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 am
Of course I am still collecting, although it is not like some years ago when I received at least one smurf per week or so. The problem probably is that I already have quite a lot of smurfs now and the remaining ones become more expensive...

Most collectors use the Facebook group now which is a bit unfortunate as it works well for quick posts, but not so much for a database :).
I have finally registered for that stupid facebook ( :) ) a few weeks ago and joined that group. I absolute agree about what you say about the comparison of facebook and Blue Cavern. I use the " Variations of PVC Smurfs" threads here a lot (that has been a great idea and effort of André once).
Postby Tojo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:28 pm
I haven't stopped collecting altogether but I haven't bought any smurfs since the last ones came out at the beginning of the year. Today I bought a couple of the splitter-verlag comic books 2nd hand as I still have a few missing. The biggest problem is that I haven't got any more room to display my smurfs. The new smurfs from 2013, 14 & 15 are all in plastic bags in a cupboard!

I recently started collecting squashed / pressed pennies also known as elongated coins (coins squashed to form an oval shaped coin with a design on it). They at least don't take up as much space :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby SmurfeeJo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 am
I'm still collecting although I haven't added any recently. Life has been busy and smurf collecting has had to take a back seat. I'm also a huge Peanuts fan and have been saving some $ to buy some Snoopy things in the next couple of months. However I do like the look of the 2016 Jungle smurfs so they will be added to the must have list. :-D

Hope everyone is well on our forum and I'll make an effort to check-in more regularly.

Cheers,
Jo
Postby Jack Ubel » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:17 am
I'm like most of you. I only lack a few of the Schleich Smurfs.Of course they are the hard to find and very expensive ones. I use to buy on ebay and they wanted credit cards which I won't put on the internet because I have been had before. Cost me dearly. I do buy the new ones that come out yearly. Also I have a lot of the ones put out by LaFag and Jakks. I also collect M&M's, and have a lot of them.
Page 1 of 1

Login