Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 am
For those of you who keep part of your collection in a closet or boxes (due to space limitation). Do you have everything nicely sorted in the boxes (i.e. stationary in one box, home decor in another box) or do you put it in the boxes as you get it? I am trying to sort my collection and while I am OCD where sorting is concerned, my OCD will have to take a step back to save my sanity. I have half decided to just fit it back into the boxes and not care that the boxes will be unsorted.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:30 pm
That sounds like a sort of a wise decision, though unsorted means that you might forget what you have and where it is.
I would suggest you added a note on your Smurfs database, in which box exactly they are stored. At least that way you can find them if/when you want them, instead of having to got through all boxes. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Arno » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:14 am
Due to space limitation, as you say, I usually don't buy accessories like houses, windmill... but only smurfs. I store them in big plastic cupboards made for A4 documents (perfect size for smurf), not beautiful at all but 100 smurfs can be placed in one "drawer" and there are 10 tens drawer in one cupboard. That is a very high density, I know, but I have thousands of little blues ! (problem to look for any variation).
Recently, I did not have enough space so I removed the super smurfs and put them in boxes with name + Schleich number so that I can find them more easily (even if it is not practical and everything but easy to catch one box).
And I don't speak about the dozen of boxes with smurfs received but not inventory... everywhere in the flat...

How such little things can take so much space ! :!:
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:11 pm
My smurfs are sorted by their Schleich numbers and easy to find for me. I keep them in plastic bags in drawers :D

My problem is the smurfy stuff (or junk), but sorting it is near impossible :banghead: I do keep the comic books together, as well as the plush, Party supplies, clothes, but when it comes to the small stuff like magnets, toys and so on I am going :banghead: and end throwing it back into the unsorted boxes :cool:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby The Smurf Collector » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 am
All I can see is Good luck with it all. I made a decision a few years ago that I would only collect figurines and I am really glad I did otherwise I would be asking the same question you have asked.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby SmurfeeJo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:38 am
My smurfs have been known to takeover my dining room table for photo-shoots and cataloging. I keep them stored In boxes, each smurf wrapped individually in tissue paper. My friends and family have told me repeatedly that my smurfs seem to be treated better than them! :)

So I have a spreadsheet with the box number recorded so I know which box to look in. It works well for me. Everyone laughs when I tell them I have a smurf spreadsheet. They think it's strange :roll:
Thank goodness for Blue Cavern where I'm understood.
Page 1 of 1

Login