Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 2 of 5

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 am
Ron, I think that when he has finished his trip he can return to Andre and show the booklet then. :D It would be nice for his daughters to see it first as it was their idea. :-D :)

Postby André » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 am
That would be great Hilary. I am sure my daughters would love to see all the messeges "live" and they really like the smurfy pictures posted on the forum from other countries. :-D

I can post all the pictures and messeges here after the trip is finished.

And if there is a intrest among the members, we could have the booklet and the WT as a price in one of the competitions you sometimes have here on the forum at the end of the year. :-?
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:03 am
I can post all the pictures and messeges here after the trip is finished.
That for sure should be done, and would be great...
And if there is a intrest among the members, we could have the booklet and the WT as a price in one of the competitions you sometimes have here on the forum at the end of the year. :-?
The interest would be there for sure.
And as much as i would love to win it, I will start directly a lobby to have you(r daughters) win that competition...

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 am
And as much as i would love to win it, I will start directly a lobby to have you(r daughters) win that competition...
I agree. I think the girls should keep it for as long as they're interested in it. :D

Postby André » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 pm
I think they like that.

And maybe they will become smurfcollectors and drop collecting those damn wild life- and farm life-animals from Schleich. :banghead:

I try to tell them there are nicer things to collect from Schleich. :o :lol:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm
I would love to host World Traveller Smurf's visit to New Hampshire, USA!!

Postby Picaja » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 pm
WT ( World Traveller) has safely arrived in Zichem (Belgium)... but he was very tired.
He's resting now... tomorrow we go sightseeing :D
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Chris McBrien » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:03 pm
sorry I haven't posted in a while...we moved to Chicago and I'm just finally settling in (and have my Smurf collection up..yeah!).
I"d like to host the World Traveling Smurf!!! I could take him to places here in Chicago!

...it would also be a perfect excuse to go sightseeing! :-D
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby bwalters » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:59 pm
Check out the Wrigley building and field. Those along with the 7 mansions he built in the early 1900's were built on a handshake. I have eaten and toured the mansion in Phoenix and I wasn't really impressed when there. But after thinking about it. He only stopped there to rest on his way to Catilina when he went. Most of the bedrooms were about the size of a bathroom. The water tower is also the only building that survived the chicago fire. The musiem of science and industry is great but it takes about 4 days to see it all.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm
sorry I haven't posted in a while...we moved to Chicago and I'm just finally settling in (and have my Smurf collection up..yeah!).
I"d like to host the World Traveling Smurf!!! I could take him to places here in Chicago!

...it would also be a perfect excuse to go sightseeing! :-D
He may bring some company when he travels up there....Chicago is one of the places I definitly want to see in the US!!!

Glad to hear you had a good move :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 pm
My Foster Brother lives in Oak Lawn and I almost ended up there when I got out of the service. Its a very nice town to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. The smaller the town the better for me. I used to go there alot not only to visit my Foster Mom and Dad but to go to school.
Mr Bill

Postby Chris McBrien » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 am
Thanks to Maureen and Bill! :cheers:

I haven't taken a vacation in two years...I feel blessed to be working a lot, don't get me wrong! However, this weekend I"m actually taking off and really trying to simply relax and have fun. My wife would tell you firsthand I'm a workaholic and if I didn't have to sleep I'd be working around the clock. I love to work hard for my wife and kids!
So, for me a big part of relaxing is this..and I'm sure many here may identify with this...I put on Smurf cartoons, open up my "Smurf Cupboard" where I keep my collection (it keeps dust...and my small nephews...out of the collection) and rearrange or simply work on my collection. It makes me feel like a kid again to do this, and brings back lots of happy childhood memories! My collection is in my office, which is in our finished basement of our new house here in Chicago. The cool part is that my son Noah, who's 7, will bring down his legos or Transformers and hang out and watch the Smurfs while he plays, and my daughter, May, who's 13 will often come down just to lounge in the easy chair in the corner with her laptop and watch Smurfs and hang out too. My wife will come down occasionally although most of the time when they're downstairs with me it's because she's out running errands and that's when I have the time normally to delve into my collection.

Well, it's back to work! I've got calls to return and paperwork to produce before I can take off on my weekend "vacation" (albeit at home). I have my flip camera, but also recently got a new editing program that I can use with it....so I'm really looking forward to producing a fun video for you guys to see!!

BTW: I've been renting, perpetually, the new Smurf DVD's. There's apparently two collections on DVD? I get them from Family Video (and they're FREE RENTALS! It's like HEAVEN!) here in my area. Each is a two dvd set. Both come with some nice special features. My question....does anyone know where I can buy these so I have my own copy? The bummer is that the Astrosmurf episode has a scratch..and it always starts to "jump" or just plain freezes right as he's falling asleep and "taking off" in his rocket...how ironic!

Brainy Smurf

Postby Tojo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:53 pm
I really enjoyed reading that Chris. You sound like a very content & happy person :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby naish510 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:41 pm
Smurf has arrived here in Knokke !!!!! :D :D :D :D

Postby Chris McBrien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 pm
Christy, that's a great website!!! WOW!

:D

Brainy Smurf

Postby naish510 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 am
Smurf is on the way to someone in Germany !!! :D :D :D

Postby cal78 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Don't know how i haven't put my name on the List, But i'll Host the Little Smurf, he have to visit San Francisco With Vanity Smurf.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:31 am
When sending the WT and his friend on to the next destination, please post here where they are going. It will make it much easier for us to keep track of them :D

Also, in order to keep moving with this...if you just don't have time to participate right now but would like to do so later on, please also let us know. The smurfs can always come back to you after being to another country, but this way we can keep them moving and won't be losing any momentum. :cheers:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:13 am
They arrived in Dortmund, but since my studies are continuing on Monday, I will have to keep them about one month, so that can enjoy the grand tour through the ruhr area and other areas of my federal country. :D There will be heaps of different pics, that's for sure!!! :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:33 am
Does anybody know where the world traveller is now?

Hidden in the Woods

Page 2 of 5

Login