Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 3 of 3

Postby Arno » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:43 am
Thank you Lia.
There is one to sell on ebay and I asked a picture of the markings : this one is a W.Berrie Co. But looking at the picture, I thought : "it is a fake", but as I don't own such a captain, I have no idea of the possible markings. So your info conforts me in my mind...

Postby Arno » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:04 pm
Does someone know the history of this variation : blue captain ?
Was that a promo first ?

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:53 am
I believe, it was released when BP promoted the smurfs in Holland, therefore I suppose, it could be considered as a sort of (Dutch) BP promo

( lots of Dutch BP smurfy items show the blue captain)

Lia

Postby Arno » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:27 am
Well, I asked, because searching for this blue one, I found many dutch links... so I was wondering how the papa in blue jacket was connected to you dutch people :)

So it would be connected by BP. But, the papa has been released in 1981, and BP sold smurfs in Holland since 1965, no ? It has to be for a special event, linked to sailing maybe :-?

I have bought one now I can look at him every day, I try to ask him : when were you produced ? why ? No answer.

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am
Arno, there were lots of BP promotions during the seventies ànd the eighties, and some have the blue captain on it, but I don`t know the year?
Attachments
BP vaantje.JPG
BP vaantje.JPG (13.52 KiB) Viewed 1290 times

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am
coaster
Attachments
BP viltje.jpg
BP viltje.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

Postby Arno » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:19 am
thank you to show these pictures !
Page 3 of 3

Login